Debra Khor Special Counsel
Debra has practised for over 10 years exclusively in the area of personal injury law. She has experience in all aspects of personal injury law, including motor vehicle accidents, workers compensation, medical negligence and public liability claims, with a focus on serious and catastrophic claims and other complex actions.
Debra has represented clients in matters across a wide range of courts and tribunals including the District Court and Magistrates Court and the South Australian Employment Tribunal (formerly the Workers Compensation Tribunal).
Previously, Debra practised as a physiotherapist and now maintains non-practising registration. Her specific knowledge of injuries and their management has been invaluable in her role as a personal injury lawyer.
Debra is involved in mentoring junior solicitors and other legal staff in her role as Special Counsel. She has also made a significant contribution in relation to precedents and procedures within the firm as well as the techinical and professional development of legal staff.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours, University of Adelaide (2006)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2007)
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of South Australia (2007)
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia (2016)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, University of South Australia (2002)
- Present member of the Accident Compensation Committee, Law Society of South Australia
- Former member of the “Crash” Seminar Committee
- Associate Member of the National Council of Women
- Member of the Asian Women’s Consultative Council Inc